Quill Awards update

Published October 11th, 2006 by Bobby Henderson

We went to the Quills last night, held at the American Museum of Natural History in New York City.  Unfortunately, The Gospel of the Flying Spaghetti Monster did not win. Tyler Perry’s Don’t Make a Black Woman Take Off Her Earrings won the Humor category, as well as Book of the Year. It was still a fun night though, and very surreal.  Our table was between Donald Trump’s and Suzanne Somers’ tables.  The ceremony took place in the Milstein Hall of Ocean Life, under a full-size Blue Whale suspended from the ceiling.  I’ll try to put up some pictures soon.

23 Responses to “Quill Awards update”

1. pastaman says:

ok, who didn’t vote! >.> .>

2. SqrlWthANife says:

You do Aussie? Hmm… this proves to be most fortuitous. Though it should be in like 2-4 years, for I don’t believe we have a big enough gathering of followers. We need more!! Hmmm… I guess my train of thought ends here. Good day for now. RAmen.

3. Cathie. says:

doesn’t matter what those bastards think, The Gospel is the best read ever.
    better than lord of the rings.

4. ayzal says:

Sad to hear, better luck with “The New Tentacle”!! If there is going to be one.

5. liz says:

just another example of corporate christian conspiracies (yay alliteration)
    don’t worry henderbob, The many followers of the fsm still think the gospel rocks! If you haven’t got it…shame on you….

6. Zuma says:

Last night I had a dream about the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Actually, it was a person dressed up as the FSM. Do you think this was a vision? What do you think the FSM is trying to tell me?

7. Jo says:

Do you have an official MySpace profile? I’d like to add the FSM, but I don’t want to add just any old jerk.

8. Cari's mom says:

hahaha, here’s a secret–Cari (who loathes MySpace) sneakily made up a really dumb MySpace page for Bobby! Makes him look like a very bizarre person. He left it on because he thought it was funny. When I say she’s evil, I MEAN SHE’S EVIL!