Quill Awards update

Published October 11th, 2006 by Bobby Henderson

We went to the Quills last night, held at the American Museum of Natural History in New York City.  Unfortunately, The Gospel of the Flying Spaghetti Monster did not win. Tyler Perry’s Don’t Make a Black Woman Take Off Her Earrings won the Humor category, as well as Book of the Year. It was still a fun night though, and very surreal.  Our table was between Donald Trump’s and Suzanne Somers’ tables.  The ceremony took place in the Milstein Hall of Ocean Life, under a full-size Blue Whale suspended from the ceiling.  I’ll try to put up some pictures soon.

23 Responses to “Quill Awards update”

1 2 3
  1. another global warming activist (pirate) says:

too bad. Maybe it was in the wrong category… so i guess this is proof that god exists eh? “God” wouldn’t have wanted a book “mocking him” to win the quill awards in the humor category. (yay sarcasm)

2. rosbif says:

Shame.Keep up the good work.I am doing my best to spread the word of Pastafarianism at every opportunity.
    Man,do I get some funny looks.

3. SqrlWthANife says:

I say blasphemy!!! (lol Christian term… tehe). Maybe next year? We should have many more followers to lead us to victory by then. Though I was thinking what if in like 4 years I bought a huge ass pirate ship and like went on a voyage picking up Pastafarians around the world? We’d all dress like pirates and it’d cost like $100 or something to come aboard. It’d be pretty kick ass I think. Global Warming would plumit.
    RAmen.

4. One Eyed Jack says:

Donald Trump… now there’s a closet Pastafarian if I ever saw one. Look at that hair. It just screams Noodly Appendages!

5. gill says:

Aww. The voting must be rigged. I smell conspiricy!

6. SqrlWthANife says:

Rigged indeed, but when I get the gospel I will start on a journey to convert many.

7. Arp says:

dang… neihter the Gospal nor Calvin and Hobbes…
    The voting must have been rigged! Anyway, I think the book was very funny/spirtualy enlightining, and I have been trying to convert people every now and then.

8. The Aussie says:

Truly SqrlwthANife, getting a pirate ship would kickass.
    I think i know where we can get one for cheap too…

1 2 3