Quill Awards update

Published October 11th, 2006 by Bobby Henderson

We went to the Quills last night, held at the American Museum of Natural History in New York City.  Unfortunately, The Gospel of the Flying Spaghetti Monster did not win. Tyler Perry’s Don’t Make a Black Woman Take Off Her Earrings won the Humor category, as well as Book of the Year. It was still a fun night though, and very surreal.  Our table was between Donald Trump’s and Suzanne Somers’ tables.  The ceremony took place in the Milstein Hall of Ocean Life, under a full-size Blue Whale suspended from the ceiling.  I’ll try to put up some pictures soon.

23 Responses to “Quill Awards update”

1. Cade says:

Why would it win in comedy? There arn’t jokes in the gospel. Just the truth!

2. Brian Fies says:

Hey, Bobby. If I’d known what you look like, I would’ve made a point of finding you at the Quills and saying Hello. I had a book nominated in another category and lost as well (I blogged about it at http://momscancer.blogspot.com/2006/10/quill-awards-why-i-dont-feel-entirely.html). I voted for you, man (I also voted for Calvin and Hobbes–no hard feelings, I hope) and it was still a pretty cool night no matter what the outcome. You’re doing important work spreading the FSM gospel; I’m a fan. Acolyte, whatever.

3. Austin Piniata says:

Arr…. were yeh wearin’ proper pirate attire? Ya think Her Noodly Appendage be touching yer luckstones? Especially in a Hall’o'Pirate Chow? ™

Bummer. STNY.

4. ryan...eats marshmallow mateys for breakfast. says:

5. Chunkylimey says:

I’m offended on two counts

Firstly HUMOR?! Surely they are making some poor taste joke. Is there not a spiritual section?

Secondly, Not Winning? The insult us on TWO COUNTS just because it is a spiritual work does not mean that the FSM cannot move them his (her for the more enlightened) witty genius.

It must be some cruel anti-pasta plot. Beware of the anti-pasto (or anti-pesto even) plotters they sometimes disguise themselves as starter dishes but they see us as the main course and they are trying to avoid getitng their just-desserts.

Feed the soul with the FSM. RAmen.

6. Nowtheworldhasmeaning says:

“yup. definitely in the wrong category. i don’t see anything funny about the truth about our existence.”
    Obviously some Christians don’t share you views, as they keep trying to Mock my intellect by banging on about ID.
    Do you really think that I am a fucking moron? ID? Who the fuck actually believes that some supreme being created us, Own up so I can take the piss out of you.
    ID is the theory for those that don’t have a clue but can’t admit it, I suppose every retard needs a theory of there own.

7. x90p workout says:

Portal for Federal rulemaking. Allows the public to find, review, and submit comments on Federal documents that are open for comment and published