It’s not accurate to say that FSM attracts intelligent followers

Published October 22nd, 2006 by Bobby Henderson

It’s not accurate to say that FSM attracts intelligent followers by its nature. Genuinely intelligent people don’t have time for the joke, so what we get is people who know nothing and want a place to mock religion, as well as people who have read up a bit on evolution or have read up on Dawkins and have a few points on which they can argue.

-f

150 Responses to “It’s not accurate to say that FSM attracts intelligent followers”

1 3 4 5 6 7 19
  1. Adam H says:

To those who were talking about intelligence and degrees a gew posts back i agree that not all smart people go to uni and apparently the pass mark for a degree in medecine is 50% – just a little something to prove the point about some people who go to uni not being tht bright. I say apparently because i got tht info randomly from the teacher during a stats lesson he said he was at uni with some people who did medecine. Can any 1 confirm if 50% is the pass mark and then post, please?

2. liz says:

F
    there are several levels of intelligence, only one of them academia. There is also street smarts and applicable intelligence. I know of many people who are intelligent and have PHD’s but lack the ability to draw a corelation between a no parking sign and a parking ticket. Trust me, i’ve written enough tickets to have published a book on the topic. (working on it)
    furthermore, I have met many people who have not gone to university and have led successful lives in the business sector. It’s all relative to the work that they do. the same is true for FSM. For my own curiousity, do you have a degree? Are you educated? I am sure the rest of us ‘unintelligent’ posters would love to know where….what’s the phrase/ oh yes we would like to know where you get off telling us we must be unintelligent.
    Read the gospel buddy. Especailly the ‘I’d rather you didn’t’ Section.
    RAmen

3. Nick2 says:

I consider myself a generally intelegent person. I come here in my spare time.

4. gill says:

-f – “Are we reading the same forums here? Tell me they are not full of morons.”—Actually, I’ve come across quite a few scientists, doctors, so on so forth…and me, of course, I’m no moron. *cough*
    “But in a discussion about religion, their opinion is no more enlightened, no more informed, and no more valuable than yours,”—so does that mean no one is ever allowed to have an opinion on religion but those who majored in studying it? Anyone who can get a PhD in ANYTHING is intelligent enough to consider carefully the many quirks of religion and form an intellectual opinion. I’d certainly trust them over the white trash down the street. (Assuming there is, in fact, white trash down the street near you.)

5. Anna says:

You’ve been annoying me for some time. For one thing, getting a diploma in any field implies that you had the mental potential and stamina needed to attain that goal. Going to college for 4 years or more, you generally pick up other knowledge in addition to the stuff you paid for. I would assume that most (if not all) of the people who regularly post here are fairly intelligent, not only from the content of the posts, but by the comonly known fact that most smart people love funny stuff.

6. Nowtheworldhasmeaning says:

-f,
    Please tell me what qualifications you have? Come come, let us know what educational heights you have acheived, up to PHD? If not FUCK OFF!

7. Enlightened. says:

“Genuinely intelligent people don’t have time for the joke, so what we get is people who know nothing and want a place to mock religion, as well as people who have read up a bit on evolution or have read up on Dawkins and have a few points on which they can argue.

And here I thought that being genuinely intelligent was what permitted me to have the time to read websites like this, in as much as it requires a bit of ingenuity, critical and executive thinking, and technical proficiency (my work has been called the product of genius, but I am far too humble to mention it) to cram as much as I do into my day and still have a decent amount of goof-off time.

Thank you for enlightening me. I now know that I am only superficially intelligent, as opposed to genuinely so.

8. Enlightened. says:

“Are we reading the same forums here? Tell me they are not full of morons.”

Typically we refer to them by their religious affiliation. “Morons” is really harsh. For shame.

1 3 4 5 6 7 19