It’s not accurate to say that FSM attracts intelligent followers

Published October 22nd, 2006 by Bobby Henderson

It’s not accurate to say that FSM attracts intelligent followers by its nature. Genuinely intelligent people don’t have time for the joke, so what we get is people who know nothing and want a place to mock religion, as well as people who have read up a bit on evolution or have read up on Dawkins and have a few points on which they can argue.

-f

150 Responses to “It’s not accurate to say that FSM attracts intelligent followers”

1. nikkiee says:

“…….Genuinely intelligent people don’t have time for the joke…….”
    Most of the genuinely intelligent people I’ve ever met. (a lot of them from areas outside of academia)
    ALWAYS have time for a joke!
    RAmen

2. tha beast from tha east says:

To:”-f”

direct quotes from the evidence section of the FSM website:

“Thank you for enlightening the world about the true creator of the universe and everything in it. As a person with a doctorate in Molecular Biophysics and Biochemistry from Yale University (1974) and, thus, a better than average understanding of evolution and Darwinism, I would like to endorse, wholeheartedly, your efforts to get schools to include the REAL truth about ID and about the intelligent designer, none other than the FSM, when they teach ID in their science classes. RAMEN, “
    –Ann M. Körner Ph.D.

“As a biodiversity researcher, it has long been clear to me that there must have been something transcending mere variation, heritability, time and differential survival behind all these different sorts of animals and plants – why this ridiculous redundancy? But your revelation of a noodly appendage guiding all things has supplied the missing recipe for truly understanding this interwoven chaos of diversity. What could be plainer, once one has gazed on one of His manifestations, gilded with ground Parmesan, bathed in the blood of tomatoes, hallowed with the incense of basil and oregano, than the conclusion that only a transcendent being such as He could have conceived of the profoundly tangled connections that are revealed by researches into ecology and evolution. A personal relationship with Pasta should not be an option – it should be mandated, and be available on special Friday and Saturday nights.“ –Dr Mark Hutchinson (Adelaide, South Australia)

“As geneticist, my personal belief in the creator of everything was so far, that he resembles a pink invisible flying rabbit circling the earth just opposite the sun, and soundlessly squeaking “42″. In consequence, this creature is undetectable even by the most advanced human techniques. Furthermore, the ability of being pink and invisible at the same time provides proof for real allmightyness. However, Pastafarianism seems to be much more substantiated, and is not violating Occam’s razor (see comment of S. Bilson-Thompson), and follows pure philosophical logic, as colleague Brian D. Rabern has pointed out previously. Therefore, I am sure that the members of the Kansas Board of Education, who gave logic a particular importance, will honor these undisputable facts by including FSM in their curriculum, thereby setting highest educational standards also for non-US countries. – Additionally, the invisible pink rabbit hypothesis might be discussed if there could be some time spared in the pupil’s schedule. RAmen “ –Jobst Meyer, PhD, Professor of Behavioral Genetics

“The first bottle of Lambrusco I chugged in High School some 30 years ago washed my full immersion baptism into the Baptist faith away. The second bottle I chugged that night resulted in a pasta “vision” that, sadly, I was too blind and covered in noodles to understand. Now, after a long career as a Biologist and educator, I see the light. If you form a curriculum committee, keep me in mind.”
    – Jeff Young, Ph.D.

seriously how many more qualified people do you need?
    RAmen brotha

3. nikkiee says:

Attention: New Commandment…..”Thou shalt not laugh”

4. -f says:

It’s not my post I’m replying to. Its yours.
    I’m doing the same thing as you: I’ve been browsing through the forums, throwing in my two cents wherever I feel like it. I may be an idiot, but I’m no more an idiot than anyone else here. What is a forum for if not for discussing or arguing? I don’t believe in drive-by insults. At the very least, I prefer to stick around and watch them take effect.

5. f- you -f says:

I sincerely disgree with you. In order to obtain a doctorate, it doesn’t take a dedication to time, it takes the potential mental capacity to do so. Something that not everyone is capable. It only takes time to reach that mental capacity. And as you might know, because you seem to be pretty defensive and cocky, that part of the process to obtain your Ph.D is a research/analysis section. Meaning that these people have to be able to think both logically and extremely abstractly. That to me constitutes intelligent in every sense of the word. Moreover, mainstream religion is so fatally flawed that it only does take a few simple SCIENTIFIC facts to disprove the bible and what it stands for (ex. the age of the planet. It is obviously older than 5 or 6 thousand years). Even if FSM does atract a few people who are a bit retarded (slowed down) it also attracts many more of us who are intelligent (I’m not saying I’m a genious but I am intelligent). AND so what religion wouldn’t even compare.

I’m sorry if you disagree with me, but i don’t feel like wasting any more time arguing with you and will not reply.

6. RAT says:

f,
    Please stop because you make me laugh – which is obviously draining my intelligence!

7. -f says:

“It only takes time to reach that mental capacity.”
    As you said yourself, intelligence can be achieved. Not everyone is capable, but most are. Many intelligent people choose not to, because they have weighed their other options and see no reason for it.
    I never argued that people with PhDs aren’t intelligent. That is a misinterpretation of what was said. That argument cannot be pursued very far. What I did was question the value of a PhD endorsement of the Flying Spaghetti Monster.
    The Flying Spaghetti Monster, by it’s nature, does not attract intelligent people. The opposition to teaching Intelligent Design in science class certainly does.

8. RAT says:

-f

I think you have missed the point entirely!

I am curious to know what you are doing with your vast intellegence. Are you fighting against world poverty, are you protecting children from abuse? I mean what the F##K is your point?