It’s not accurate to say that FSM attracts intelligent followers

Published October 22nd, 2006 by Bobby Henderson

It’s not accurate to say that FSM attracts intelligent followers by its nature. Genuinely intelligent people don’t have time for the joke, so what we get is people who know nothing and want a place to mock religion, as well as people who have read up a bit on evolution or have read up on Dawkins and have a few points on which they can argue.

-f

150 Responses to “It’s not accurate to say that FSM attracts intelligent followers”

1 13 14 15 16 17 19
  1. anthrobabe says:

Ok so my 4.0 GPA in a double major doesn’t make me intelligent?????? Oh and I have 2 jobs and 2 children (yep smarties also), let’s see I volunteer at my local zoo, I volunteer to teach people to read, and on and on

AND

I always have time for intelligent satire and critical thinking.

2. triple a says:

I attended a magnet school in Austin, TX, which while being smack dab in the middle of hickdom, is one of the more prestigious public high schools (that’s kind of an oxymoron I know). I’m doing more extra-curricular activities than average (scio, cretamen, knowledge masters, Latin club and im filming a mildly satirical movie (most people will just laugh)) but I have a very good Christian friend who argues with me over evolution and ID constantly, but I don’t hate him, I believe that there is too much broad hostility being conveyed by us(aren’t we suppose to be the smart ones?) to all Christians. We as a faith are losing our original purpose, to get rid of ID from schools and keep it out. From the various hate mails we have gotten we have begun to lose sight of our purpose, we are turning from activists to a Christian hating cult, come on guys lets not be another scientologist cult
    lets only attack the people who attack us, and I can share a joke when intellegant people lose sight of what makes us human we become the hitlers and stalins of the world.

3. Cunnilingus Rice says:

@anthrobabe
    >”Ok so my 4.0 GPA in a double major doesn’t make me intelligent??????
    Oh and I have 2 jobs and 2 children (yep smarties also), let’s see I volunteer at my local zoo, I volunteer to teach people to read, and on and on”
    Everybody comes here and touts their credentials. You are throwing everything you have out there to give yourself more credibility. Your inflated sense of entitlement and self-worth is hilarious. I hope that this is not the attitude that you have towards everything in your life. It is interesting that even after getting a 4.0 GPA in your double major (in what and what?), you are not uniquely useful enough to anyone for them to hire you on full time. Everyone loves themselves first and loves their kids second. Everybody thinks they know better. You are average, and your two kids are average. There is nothing wrong with being average. 50% of people just as dumb or dumber than you are, 50% are just as smart or smarter. Its the lower half that you teach reading skills to. Volunteering at a zoo is not an indication of your intelligence.
    >”I always have time for intelligent satire and critical thinking.”
    FSM is not critical thinking. Its a joke. Its not intelligent satire. Its slapstick.

4. gill says:

Seems more like intelligent satire to me.

5. Cunnilingus Rice says:

And what does that say about you?

6. nikkiee says:

@Cunnilingus Rice
    Feel free to leave! Thanks for enlightening us with your “superior opinion”

7. Mad John Kidd says:

Ms. Rice…

Back at’cha, matey!!!

8. nikkiee says:

Probably steals candy from little kids!

1 13 14 15 16 17 19