It’s not accurate to say that FSM attracts intelligent followers

Published October 22nd, 2006 by Bobby Henderson

It’s not accurate to say that FSM attracts intelligent followers by its nature. Genuinely intelligent people don’t have time for the joke, so what we get is people who know nothing and want a place to mock religion, as well as people who have read up a bit on evolution or have read up on Dawkins and have a few points on which they can argue.

-f

150 Responses to “It’s not accurate to say that FSM attracts intelligent followers”

1 12 13 14 15 16 19
  1. Max Globs says:

I have seen countless people debating over evolution, and I can conclude that their work achieved nothing. The IDers are so rooted in their faith that any evidence can be beaten by a simple “God did it.” That is where FSMism comes in; simple mockery and humor can expose the ridiculousness of some of the creationist ideas. If you are simply suggesting that most people on our forums are stupid, then you have wasted your time. The fact is that most people in this world are stupid. If you look at any community, you will probably find that most members are stupid. You are one of said stupid people. Congratulations, -f-er

2. Fr. Corpus Callosum says:

Thanks for the reference Zok! This is good stuff. Max: Long live ridicule of the stupid! Since we’re buried in the annoying fuckers we way as well have a little fun.

3. Max Globs says:

That’s the spirit!

4. Mad John Kidd says:

“Pastafarianism: Faith you can twirl on a fork.”
    I love it, matey.

5. Cap'n Jeni says:

I, too, agree with the new motto. I want a bumper sticker.
    Like Hi IQ, my own IQ is 162. Pretty high. I also have three jobs and go to school, so I’m busy too. Yet I still have time to meander over to this site once or twice a day. Honestly, if I didn’t find the time to laugh, I’d probably go completely mad and start believing that an invisible man lived in the sky, had premarital sex with a fourteen year old, then later killed the resulting child and turned him into a zombie.

You know, Jesus being a zombie explains a lot. Coming back from the dead, the brain eating… hmm…

6. Tom says:

How many specialists of evolution or any branch of biology actually can deny evolution. Almost zero. And what about these so called “holy men” of Christianity what are they experts in? They know nothing but what they were taught in church or read in a book based on nothing that can be proven. Evolution is based on scientific fact, research it. It makes sense, ID does not. It’s not so difficult to see how Natural Selection works my friend. Science can be proven, Religion can not be proven.

7. Eye-Gougin' Barney Dawkins says:

I may just, technically, be an irish kid of the age of 15, but if god is perfect,, why would he feel the need to create anything, much less an imperfect world? If to be perfect is to be complete in every sense, then why would he feel the desire to create, and why would he feel the need to tempt his people. To me this suggests either sadism , or really having nothing better to fdo with his time. If anyone wants to hear of anymore arguments against God(s) i’ve got a few more cooking here. And by the way, in case you haven’t noticed,im not tryinfg to offend your beliefs, these are merely my own. Thank you. And (i know i shouldn’t start a sentence with it, but who cares?) who gave you the right to assume that people of an intelligent nature wouldn’t have time for a joke? That is highly offensive and blatantly incorrect

8. Powers says:

Intelligent people don’t have time for the joke….. what an arse…. I have 2 degrees and currently work as a scientist…. intelligent people always have time for a joke…. maybe more time ’cause it doesn’t take us quite as long to get the joke dumbshit!

1 12 13 14 15 16 19