Barenaked Ladies promotes FSM

Published October 1st, 2006 by Bobby Henderson

The Canadian band Barenaked Ladies, while performing at a bookstore on September 19th (TLAP day), took some time to Spread the Word of the FSM.

They even signed a few copies of the Gospel.  I wasn’t there, but I’m told that they were very concerned with Global Warming, and played a few pirate songs to do their part to lower the temperature.

Here’s some pictures:
bnl0v.jpg

bnl1v.jpg

Clearly true Pastafarians.  In fact, lead guitarist Ed Robertson posted on the band’s official blog: This is so excellent. I am speechless. I’m a believer.

Thank you very much, Barenaked Ladies.  May you be forever touched by His Noodly Appendage.

And thank you, Pastafarian Rudy, for the pictures!

34 Responses to “Barenaked Ladies promotes FSM”

1 2 3 5
  1. pastaman says:

hoobstanks, new youk dolls, and now this!
    Musicans must love pasta…

2. Captain McFeathers III says:

So, the FSM has realized the raw amounts of power that musicians hold over their audiences…Who will be touched next by his noodly appendage?

3. Al Bacteria says:

sphagetti monster+naked ladies promoting it is one helluva combo

4. Al Bacteria says:

errata: barenaked ladies srry

5. ihatemyspace says:

here’s my theory: all musicians were probably starving artists at one point. they just got hooked on Ramen. somehow, this links them to the FSM. take, for example, fall out boy’s record label. it is called fueled by Ramen. coincidence? i think not.

6. Al Bacteria says:

well my theory is like this, during the dark dark ages musicians were persecuted, they prayed to FSM and fsm said:
    “I shall save you, but in the future when your kind shall be famous, you shall spread my gospel”. The musicians are thus keeping up the word they gave to FSM a long time back..

7. iambe says:

Do I get any points for converting Ed Robertson?
    Yes, they did play a few songs from their album “Born On A Pirate Ship”. BNL has been supporting pirates— and by extension FSM, since that album was released in 1995.

Actually, it goes back further than that. Their first big hit referrenced Kraft Macaroni & Cheese Dinner and for years people would throw pasta on stage at them. (But not anymore. We’ve all learned to respect pasta since then. Plus, it really hurts when it hits your eye).

8. iambe says:

I forgot to mention that they aren’t saying it just to be cool, they really mean it. On their new album, Barenaked Ladies Are Men they have a song called “Fun & Games” that contains the lines:

“In a while our bill of rights will be rejected,
    and all the blame will be deflected
    the forests will be unprotected
    the nations poor will be neglected
    creation myth is resurrected…”

I love that song.