You have GOT to be kidding me

Published September 19th, 2006 by Bobby Henderson

You have GOT to be kidding me…seriously. The reason I ask, is because I truly wonder how you can conclude that a “Flying Spaghetti Monster” created and ordained life from before there was ANYTHING. I really would be interested to see your premises and conclusion in a semi-logical format. The other thing, is that I hope and pray that you realize your dreadful inaccuracy and pray that God would forgive you of your blasphemies. They are truly dishonoring at the least. Praying that you change,
The RkticFox

149 Responses to “You have GOT to be kidding me”

1. Lamna says:

Look what i found while looknig through the topic.
    You’re kidding… right? So you belive spagetti and meatballs created the universe. You believe food created the deep blue seas, skys, and human beings? Whats next, Dog crap creating the Earth? All this is is an act of boredom, just like Darwin. He believed an explosion created the Earth, let me ask you something, when has an explosion created anything, never it destroys things. Who ever came up with this idea, I pray God will show mercy on you when you stand before his throne. End of quote.
    Ok Darwin never came up with the big bang theory, infact he believed the universe was made by god, and i dont think it was boredom that made him discovery evolution. Any way evolution has nothing to do with the big bang at all.

2. Enlightened. says:

@Jim…
    `
    It is so easy to mock and make fun of what others consider sacred. After reading the many responses on this site I am again convinced that Christianity has it right. “None are righteous, no not one”. Jesus was a real historical person. There is plenty of historical evidence to research about him.
    `
    I have always said that the “Elect Jesus Christ for God” campaign was a stroke of marketing genius. It really changed the face of information distribution and religious conversion technique as well. I consider this irrefutable proof that there was indeed a Jesus Christ. With you so far.

and You think Plato and Aristotle were brilliant try reading the book of Romans in the Bible.
    `
    Okay, I’ll bite. Any passages in particular?
    `
    Or try reading Aquinas or Augustine. Go to Monergism.com and pick out any number of great men who believed and have lived their lives serving the One God. Try doing a little research before you so loudly mock others who have spent their lives believing in the unseen God.
    `
    Okay, I bit… from the website:
    Monergism: The view that the Holy Spirit is the only agent who effects regeneration of Christians. It is in contrast with synergism, the view that there is a cooperation between the divine and the human in the regeneration process.
    Wait… what?
    Monergism is a redemptive blessing purchased by Christ for those the Father has given Him (1 Pet 1:3, John 3:5,6, 6:37, 39). This grace works independently of any human cooperation and conveys that power into the fallen soul whereby the person who is to be saved is effectually enabled to respond to the gospel call.
    `
    Okay, so… God picked a few people out of the billions who have ever lived (144,000 if I recall correctly) and according to this website… those are the only people going to heaven no matter what the rest of us do.
    `
    Well, that’s a relief. Either I won the lottery or I lost it, and in the meantime, it doesn’t matter what I do! Beer and strippers for everyone!
    `
    Blabbering about what you do not understand is not a sign of anything but foolishness.
    `
    Indeed?

3. Not My Real Name says:

You have GOT to be kidding me…seriously. The reason I ask, is because I truly wonder how you can conclude that a “GOD” created and ordained life from before there was ANYTHING. I really would be interested to see your premises and conclusion in a semi-logical format. The other thing, is that I hope and pray that you realize your dreadful inaccuracy and pray that the FSM would forgive you of your blasphemies. They are truly dishonoring at the least. Praying that you change,
    Not My Real Name

4. Nowtheworldhasmeaning says:

Lamna
    You are missing the point of Darwinism, before this it was a held assumption to make something complex you need something more complex.
    Now Darwin blow this out the water, so the assumption can therefore no longer be used as an assumption.
    Now I am not doing all the work for you, How do you think this effects the way people think of how the Universe was created?

5. gill says:

Jim-
    “You think Plato and Aristotle were brilliant try reading the book of Romans in the Bible. Or try reading Aquinas or Augustine.”– Tried it. Found it rather boring, honestly. All those ‘thees’ and ‘thys’ and ‘burn in hells’….got old after the fifty millionth time, y’know?
    “Go to Monergism.com and pick out any number of great men who believed and have lived their lives serving the One God.”–Super. Now you go and look up any of the thousands and thousands of great people who didn’t belive in god. Or who belived in some other god/ess/s altogether. What does that prove?
    ….Actually, not all that much. Who cares if Person A discovered some amazing thing and also happened to worship god? How does his being smart prove god is real? Also, may I just point out that tradition–belief in god–doesn’t automatically mean correct? Slavery was a tradition, shall we bring that back?

6. SpecialSauce says:

Ha… the best part about this hate-mail is that we could copy and paste it right back on christian websites. This guy is making an argument that can be used against his own beliefs.. noodles… some people are dumb.

7. Beastly Rich says:

I might try that later

8. White Beard says:

henderob:

You have GOT to be kidding me…seriously (etc)….

You are absolutely right. I agree with you on all points. We ARE kidding you.