You have GOT to be kidding me

Published September 19th, 2006 by Bobby Henderson

You have GOT to be kidding me…seriously. The reason I ask, is because I truly wonder how you can conclude that a “Flying Spaghetti Monster” created and ordained life from before there was ANYTHING. I really would be interested to see your premises and conclusion in a semi-logical format. The other thing, is that I hope and pray that you realize your dreadful inaccuracy and pray that God would forgive you of your blasphemies. They are truly dishonoring at the least. Praying that you change,
The RkticFox

149 Responses to “You have GOT to be kidding me”

1. Uomo Felice Della Pasta says:

Jesus. Jesus Christ. You lot really don’t get it, do you?
    IT. IS. NOT. WHAT. ANYONE. REALLY. FUCKING. THINKS. WE. ARE JUST TAKING. THE. PISS. OUT. OF. RELIGON. IN. GENERAL.
    I mean, if the Bible was nominated for an award, I think that the people who made it all up(Who are now laughing like drains at all of you Christians. In *Heaven*cough) would be pretty pissed if it was for Humor. I’ve read the Bible. It just takes the factor of trying to make you laugh at ludicrous suggestions too far.

2. FreejackDK says:

You gotta love this site – especially the hatemail-section :)
    Good FSM !!! (PBUH)
    RAmen

3. jim says:

It is so easy to mock and make fun of what others consider sacred. After reading the many responses on this site I am again convinced that Christianity has it right. “None are righteous, no not one”. Jesus was a real historical person. There is plenty of historical evidence to research about him. You think Plato and Aristotle were brilliant try reading the book of Romans in the Bible. Or try reading Aquinas or Augustine. Go to Monergism.com and pick out any number of great men who believed and have lived their lives serving the One God. Try doing a little research before you so loudly mock others who have spent their lives believing in the unseen God. Blabbering about what you do not understand is not a sign of anything but foolishness.

• gordon_uk says:

“Blabbering about what you do not understand is not a sign of anything but foolishness” – so why did you post it?

4. spider says:

“Jesus was a real historical person. There is plenty of historical evidence to research about him. You think Plato and Aristotle were brilliant try reading the book of Romans in the Bible. Or try reading Aquinas or Augustine”
    all of the above is true, there was a MAN called Jesus, who undoubtedly had some noodly ideas about not killing each other and so on. There’s proof to this effect. I’ve never argued against this, indeed i’ve yet to see anyone argue against this. what profoundly disturbs me is how we make the leap from there to being the son of god, or indeed t here neing a god. just because someone has a bright idea (and i include aquinas who has some great non theological works to his name) does not make the fact that theres a deity true, even if they say so.
    Proof of one thing is not proof of another. Egyptian kings and queens definitely existed, there’s plenty of proof they existed – but were they living gods as they claim? proof of the first case is not proof of the devine.

5. NowtheworldhasMeaning says:

Jim,
    Telling us to do a little research before mouthing off is a little stupid, some of us have given examples of great knowledge and understanding of the bible, I have also manage to read through the Koran (I must admit to not having a great understanding). My relgious studies exam (GCSE) went swimmingly, as it was baised on Christianity and I’d had 16 year of Cathlic upbringing my understanding of the bible is strong.
    Not only this but of late I have been hugely interested in philosophy. And it is not just me I know plenty of people on this site have great back grounds and intellectual points to be shared and discussed. And while not all posts, are intellectual the site policy of non-censorship stands, I must admit that a few of my posts have used abusive and unintellectual comments but I reserve the right to reply as I see fit when I see fit. Plus fighting fire with fire while not correct is fun.
    This site is a great and entertaining way of getting across a point of view. The same way church sponsors used cartoonists to mock Darwin. Jim you should look at yourself and your own understanding of the point that is beuing made here to realise that it is not mocking for mockings sake but a protest.

6. One Eyed Jack says:

Jim,
    You are right that history is filled with men that served god and accomplished great things. They really didn’t have a choice did they? It isn’t too far back in history that to denounce God was a one-way ticket to the chopping block or worse. No doubt some of those great thinkers were sincere in their beliefs, but a little fact checking will show the number of sincere theists declines as the choke hold of the church loosens. Today, you will be hard pressed to find many true theists among the intellectual greats.
    Incidently, there is good evidence from their own writings that many of the US Founding Fathers were not theists … deists perhaps, but not theists. Thomas Jefferson, James Madison, Benjamin Franklin, George Washington, Thomas Paine and John Adams are among the obvious, but I doubt they were alone in their views.
    As far as Aquinas goes, his ‘proofs’ are rarely cited today because the are easily proven flawed. The only one that is still used is the Teleological Argument, and I will gladly debate that with you since ID is what sparked this site.
    RAMen.

7. xTabbyx says:

“Jesus was a real historical person. There is plenty of historical evidence to research about him.”

As spider already mentioned, Jesus did exist and no one can deny that, not even us pastafarians. He is a historical person who had great ideas and tried to make the world a better place, but what is highly debatable and unable to be proven is whether he was the son of God. This, I find too hard to believe.

My seriousness is over, for I feel I have proven my point.

As for the FSM, He is clearly real and shall not be debated! I have been touched by His Noodly Appendage, and have seen the light of the pasta… FSM is just as provable as God, and I would like you to slurp your bolognaise on that one!

Prove this point, my fellow pastafarians!

RAmen!

8. ND says:

In retaliation, where is your proof that your “God” created life? An ancient book that has been translated from it’s original text? Well, we have a book too, so you can’t use that. I can’t see how your beliefs are any more logical than mine. Hey, at least my beliefs taste good.