Talk like a pirate day

Published September 19th, 2006 by Bobby Henderson

September 19th is International Talk Like a Pirate Day.

This is important for a number of reasons, but for Pastafarians it provides a convenient source of pirate-behavior data to substantiate the Pirates Vs. Temperature correlation which serves as a keystone of our religion. We expect to see a considerable drop in temperature worldwide on Tuesday the 19th, due to the widespread pirate activity taking place.

I will be collecting quantitative temperature data via the interwebs, but if you have anecdotal (or specious) evidence of unseasonably cold weather, please describe it for us as a comment to this post.

Also, if you’ve done anything amazingly piratey today, please leave a comment about it. We all need to do our part to reverse Global Warming.

You can expect a thorough report of my findings on Wednesday or Thursday.

-bobby

218 Responses to “Talk like a pirate day”

1. Starbuckaneer says:

OH NO!!!! NOT THE BLR!!!!

2. The Aussie says:

RUN… RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!

3. J says:

Hey, BLR,
    Not all that odd. Two equally plausible explanations:
    1. The trees that wasted their energy over winter on leaves that got ravaged by crappy weather died a lot sooner than the ones that didn’t. We’re left with a world of trees that drop their leaves and live longer. (Darwinian selction, in a nutshell)
    2. The FSM gets cold in winter so he pulls down the leaves with His Noodly Appendages, partly because the extra activity keeps Him warm, partly because it gives Him something to style a fashionable winter coat out of, but mostly because it tricks us all into coming up with Explanation 1 (see above). Which makes Him laugh, and keeps Him warm. (Pastafarianism, in a lumache shell)

4. elroySF says:

I went to a pirate-themed party this weekend. It was heart-warming to see so many FSM-fearing queers like me dressed in pirate regalia and spreading the gospel. I truly felt as though I’d been touched by his noodly appendage.

5. FreejackDK says:

Yes, FSM is great!
    If you click the link here (Danish Met), you’ll clearly
    see a dramatic drop in temperature in my local area 19th September.
    Pirates are great!
    RAmen

6. Sept. 19th, 2006 is Talk Like A Pirate Day! « Blather - Rinse - Repeat says:

[...] Church Of The F.S.M.’s “Talk Like A Pirate” Day info page [...]

7. meetballs says:

meetball me timbers

8. meetballs says:

ahoy frank hunner want some meetball me hearties with some gravy arggggggggggggggg