Talk like a pirate day

Published September 19th, 2006 by Bobby Henderson

September 19th is International Talk Like a Pirate Day.

This is important for a number of reasons, but for Pastafarians it provides a convenient source of pirate-behavior data to substantiate the Pirates Vs. Temperature correlation which serves as a keystone of our religion. We expect to see a considerable drop in temperature worldwide on Tuesday the 19th, due to the widespread pirate activity taking place.

I will be collecting quantitative temperature data via the interwebs, but if you have anecdotal (or specious) evidence of unseasonably cold weather, please describe it for us as a comment to this post.

Also, if you’ve done anything amazingly piratey today, please leave a comment about it. We all need to do our part to reverse Global Warming.

You can expect a thorough report of my findings on Wednesday or Thursday.

-bobby

218 Responses to “Talk like a pirate day”

1 22 23 24 25 26 28
  1. SqrlWthANife says:

Nyx you are very lucky to be blessed with your birth and the speaking of a pirate on the same day. And if I recall correctly, it was quite chilly that day, though pirate activity was higher, it was lower then it should have been because my school had a teacher inservice and I couldn’t spread the great pirate speak about. YARR!! RAmen.

2. Thunderpants says:

To hell with all of you, I’m a ninja!

3. Bobby's last reply says:

Tie me kangaroo down boys, tie me kangaroo down.
    I am no ordinary bloke man
    but just tie me kangaroo down.

Where does the wind come from man?
    And why does it remind me of you?
    I think too much perhaps, blue’s clue

I am just a blow me down Popeye
    And Whimpy needs another hamburger fix
    Add my last love song to the mix

Trembling shaking knees knocking
    Three times knocking and ten
    Only to remember when

I can’t find my second wind
    Or someone to call my friend
    It’s harpoon time, bloody sea

Crapping harpoon time damned money
    Green peace and lacking harmony
    She’s a killer queen

Attack by a laser beam
    Green peace has she none
    I tell her I am the only one

I don’t care about rhyme
    Music tells the time
    Truth, born of sinful man

Tells me I can’t when I know I can
    It’s like twice the thought
    Of what’s been wrought

She’s a killer queen
    Green peace so mean
    God, what a woman

4. Bobby's last reply says:

She’s so mean, I don’t care,
    I lover her eyes and her long blonde hair.

5. Jebus says:

Hello,
    We are Jordan Bancroft-Smithe and Dustin Jentz, and we are starting a Pirate Club in our school in order to eradicate Global Warming. I, Jordan, found out about your site soon after you wrote it, and I showed it to my good Friend Dustin just last month. We decided that we are going to eliminate Global Warming and are wondering if we can use your site, gospel, and shirts for our group.

P.S. We are also wondering if we could get the T-shirts at a group discount price because there are going to be so many of us. Not too many of us want to spend $21 for a shirt.

P.P.S. We have just recently experienced a couple of anomalies in our area; our marching band was playing Pirates of the Caribbean and the day after our show was done, the average temperature went from 50 degrees to 80 degrees. Also, our Masquers group was doing a dance to techno Pirates, and as more people joined, the temperature also fell. That also ended Friday.

6. Starbuckaneer says:

The temperature has been consistently dropping in my neighborhood, as well, and that is because my husband and I are having a pirate party on Friday the 13th to help cool the planet… there should be about 50 or more pirates at my house and there will be Goonies, Pirates of the Caribbean, and, of course, Pirates (by Joone) on the tvs… expect a massive temperature drop in the greater Tampa Bay area.

7. Toadfish McBeer says:

Marvellous debate, chaps, but has one ever pondered the question “How do pirates know they are pirates?” Well, they just arrrrrr!
    Right then, back to One Eyed Willy’s for grog an’ wenches!

8. Stu says:

I was born on September the 19th, TLAPD is part of who i am :D
    i consider it part of my very nature to spread the word of the FSM to the unenlightened.

As further proof that i was brought into this world to spread the word of our great and noodly master, when i was born my mother shouted “YAAAAAAAAAGHHHHHH!”

While many contend this was because child birth hurts like a bitch, I say it was the FSM speaking through my mother, heralding the birth of a true pirate!

1 22 23 24 25 26 28