Talk like a pirate day

Published September 19th, 2006 by Bobby Henderson

September 19th is International Talk Like a Pirate Day.

This is important for a number of reasons, but for Pastafarians it provides a convenient source of pirate-behavior data to substantiate the Pirates Vs. Temperature correlation which serves as a keystone of our religion. We expect to see a considerable drop in temperature worldwide on Tuesday the 19th, due to the widespread pirate activity taking place.

I will be collecting quantitative temperature data via the interwebs, but if you have anecdotal (or specious) evidence of unseasonably cold weather, please describe it for us as a comment to this post.

Also, if you’ve done anything amazingly piratey today, please leave a comment about it. We all need to do our part to reverse Global Warming.

You can expect a thorough report of my findings on Wednesday or Thursday.

-bobby

218 Responses to “Talk like a pirate day”

1 2 3 28
  1. Daniel Humphreys (a.k.a. Cap'n Gorilocks.) says:

As a Flying Spaghetti Monsterist, I felt it was my duty to spread the piratey message, especially on this most sacred of days. We’ve formed a small raiding party in school to re-enact the traditions of our forefathers. Also, pillaging is fun.

Yours in pasta,
    Daniel. (Cap’n Gorilocks)

2. Daniel Humphreys (a.k.a. Cap'n Gorilocks.) says:

Note: Yaarage has reached unprecedented proportions, as have pirate songs.

Yaar!

I’ll post a roster of people who I’ve introduced the Pirate-Global Warming theory too. My friend Dom (Pirate Lazybones)has come up with a particularly logical solution:

If we bring back pirates, they’ll need pirate ships. As pirate ships make less pollution than other modern forms of travel, as more people become pirates there will be less pollution, and the rate of increase of global warming will decrease! It’s pirate-tastic!

Yours in pasta,
    Cap’n Gorilocks and Pirate Lazybones.

3. Harry says:

I be Harry, from Australia matey. We be having cold weather today, unlike yesterday which be 30 degrees celsius, today be only 21 degrees celcius and rain. Thank ye pirates for the cold weather me says. We and me maties went to school in pirate clothes today to show the true piratey spirit. It be a pity that we be going to a Christian school, and we be getting detentions for it.
    Arrr, from ye FSMist Harry Becher

4. Juannino says:

Aargh!! Pieces of eight, tis working me hearties, I be in Durban well known for the heat and humidity (even beyond the red light districts) – and today it be cool and breeeeezy – so thanks be to ye and our glorious FSM
    (Millions of blue billious blistering barnacles in a thundering typhoon it be more like a gale truth be told – but as a pirate the truth shall never pass these lips aaargh)
    Wind 45 kph, Temp 19 C, Humidity – not much

5. Steve says:

Yarrgh! The scurvy bilge-rats of South Australia be pulling their share, says I!
    It were a great, grand morn of 26C, yet a few hours later a chilly 14.7C.
    And whilst seeking refuge from the rain, the tavern’s daily special was
    Lasagne.
    RAmen ye mateys, surely a fine day’s swashbuckling, and the fields of
    Fiddlers Green be awash with Ale from the volcano. Yaaaaargh!

6. Rob says:

Avast ye! Piratey madness ensues in the merry depths of C-Block at me college, me hearties! Avassttt ye! Merry pillaging all. Piratey-ness to all.

7. One Eyed Jack says:

Anec… ane..? That be some o’ yer land lubber talk? I had the night watch this past eve. I be wearin me eye patch o’ course. Great Neptune’s Nipples, but it were a might colder in the mornin’ than the eve afore! How that be for yer proof?

8. Tim says:

Yaargh Me Hearties!

This be me favourite day of the year it be! People that no not of FSMism celebrate our religion with us whilst noing it not, they do! I shall spend the day at work answering the phone with a good “AVAST YE MATEY! DECLARE YERSELF OR I’LL RUN YA THROU WITH ME PAPERMATEY! TIM THE CABIN BOY BE A SPEAKIN! HOW CAN I PILAGE YE?!”

I wanna know how long I can go before someone actually responds in a piarate voice!

Anyway, may the FSM be with you!

Tim The Cabin Boy