62070 Views

Talk like a pirate day

Published September 19th, 2006 by Bobby Henderson

September 19th is International Talk Like a Pirate Day.

This is important for a number of reasons, but for Pastafarians it provides a convenient source of pirate-behavior data to substantiate the Pirates Vs. Temperature correlation which serves as a keystone of our religion. We expect to see a considerable drop in temperature worldwide on Tuesday the 19th, due to the widespread pirate activity taking place.

I will be collecting quantitative temperature data via the interwebs, but if you have anecdotal (or specious) evidence of unseasonably cold weather, please describe it for us as a comment to this post.

Also, if you’ve done anything amazingly piratey today, please leave a comment about it. We all need to do our part to reverse Global Warming.

You can expect a thorough report of my findings on Wednesday or Thursday.

-bobby

223 Responses to “Talk like a pirate day”

1 26 27 28
  1. Upcumming Events | says:

[…] to come out of the woodwork. Apparently it will also be Talk Like A Pirate Day from all of the Pastafarians in the group. Costumes (half-assed or otherwise) are encouraged but not required. […]

2. Names Are Signifigant says:

Are you aware of this? Krispy Kreme is apparently on your team. Here’s the Huffington Post Article on their celebration: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/09/18/krispy-kreme-talk-pirate-free-doughnuts_n_1876960.html

3. Noah Thornton says:

Hi mate, I have just read your post and there’s a lot of useful info which is good, but I’ve gotta let you know your site was way down in the rankings on Google. I’ve been using this plugin for WordPress which has really helped me drive more traffic to my own blog – WP Authority Links Plugin which you can get at http://bit.ly/1zu5uRT

4. country wedding invitations says:

So cute!!!! It almost doesn’t look I want to snuggle :3 Thanks for sharing!

5. Captain jack's pair o'spanx says:

I just sent this email to my fellow management team at our connected car technology company…

Ahoy Mateys!

I’m off tomorrow but will be returning on Monday, on ITLAPD 2016, my fav-arrrrr-ite religious holiday! As a member of the church of FSM (and ordained minister!) this is a very holy day ye scurvy dogs!!

Although not a paid holiday, it is officially recognized by both the state of California and the state of Michigan. 2 states down, 49 to go (including Canada)!

So ye can expect to see me Monday wearing the official garb of the church. Pirate regalia!!

Ye can be any religious background but also choose to come aboard! (No need for captains permission this day!) The best part is if ye do, and ye go to Krispy Kreme or long john silvers, ye get free donuts and fish sticks, respectively. Ye need to only order ye’r food like a pirate or dress like one.

Happy international talk like a pirate day! I look forward to looking at ye with no depth perception (due to the eye patch)!

For more information on ITLAPD please feel free to read the official FSM post:

Or the wiki

Thanks.

PS. Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!

• Rasputin says:

Welldone, Captain Spanx! Yaarrggghhh our holiest day is almost upon us!

6. Gnocchi Saint Pudding says:

Dear Bobby, Here where I live in the subtropical, warm marine current region of South Africa, the last few days have been noticeably colder. I suspect that by Sept. 19th I shall be hankering after thermal long johns to wear during my daily beach jog. Certainly, for my daily dip I’ll be wearing a woolly vest over my bikini.

1 26 27 28