Think about this, asshole….

Published August 19th, 2006 by Bobby Henderson

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you:

Jesus Christ and the American G.I.

One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

79 Responses to “Think about this, asshole….”

1. hihi says:

Jesus died for hollywood hahaha.
    So directors could make money with movies like ‘Jesus christ super star’!! (movies about Jesus are stupid)

2. Captian of the Nowtheworldhasmeaning says:

“Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you:
    Jesus Christ and the American G.I.
    One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.”
    I have heard something similar before, oh yeah that was it, the 9/11 bombers said something along the same lines. They were dying in Gods honor to show people the light and evils of the west so as to save their souls.
    Jesus never died for me or you, in fact there is very little evidence that Jesus was actually alive or a real person.

3. Homo narrans says:

Also, considering tha a good number of non-americans are active on this site, it’s a little presumptious to say that only american GIs have ever died for our freedom. not to sound too much like an arse, but america was late to join both world wars.
    (note – i am not condoning world wars here)

4. Etay says:

What if we’re not American?
    Think. The United States is not an island in an endless sea.

5. Aristotle says:

“What if we’re not American?”

Is that even possible? :P

6. Lumenesca says:

May all these non-believers be graced by His Noodly Appendage. ;D

7. Flying Scotsman says:

Now now,
    I think we’re doing Tyler a disservice here. I mean he’s only using the argument that organised religion has used for centuries – people died to protect *my* right to try and repress *you* from expressing the same right. It seems somewhat hypocritical, trying to use the freedom that those soldiers died for to try and repress that freedom.

Of course, this is the stated goal of the people that the soldiers are dying to try and defeat. They want to stop you from believing in your God, instead you must believe in theirs. Sound familiar anyone?

On the other hand, I have to disagree with WPoFD. I doubt anyone (with a brain) thinks that the separation of church and state is anything but a good thing.

Big respect to Staff Sgt Snieder – brilliant post, and I agree completely.

Scotty (first post!)

8. Flying Scotsman says:

@Tim Montague.
    Whilst I appreciate that humans all have their very own foibles, I worry about your scientific training when you so clearly fail to self-apply. For example, you believe in the existence of the Krebs cycle because of the positive evidence presented for it. You fail to believe in the millions of other possible cycles out there because of a *lack of evidence presented*. Quite simply, a good scientist should utilise Occam’s razor to its fullest, and believe only that for which evidence exists.
    There is not, and can never be, empirical evidence for God, thus the ONLY rational recourse should be disbelief. You got your PhD, as I got mine, from a university. I put it to you that Universities and Academia can never be anything but diametrically opposed to organised religion. Academic endeavour is an attempt to elucidate truth, without any pre-conceived notion of what that truth is. Religion seeks to shoe horn any non-contradictory facts to suit its preconceived notions, and to reject the ones that do contradict it.
    May the FSM guide you to a greater understanding,
    RAmen