Think about this, asshole….

Published August 19th, 2006 by Bobby Henderson

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you:

Jesus Christ and the American G.I.

One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

79 Responses to “Think about this, asshole….”

1. puffaliaz says:

“I AM SICK OF ALL THE EXPLETIVES AND HATE HERE!!! WHY CAN’T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG!! ALL OF YOU “CHRISTIANS” DON’T EVEN FOLLOW CHRIST’S TEACHINGS!!! LOOK THEM UP IN THE BIBLE!!! YOU GUYS ARE THE REASON I AM AN ATHEIST!!!! AND THE SOLDIERS IN IRAQ ARE NOT DYING FOR MY FREEDOM! THEY ARE DYING IN IRAQ TO MAKE THE PRESIDENT AND OIL COMAPANIES RICHER!!! SO SHUT THE HELL UP YOU HATE MAILERS!!!”

You don’t have to read this then. these pages where made specifically for hatemail, so if you are here, you actually want to debate, or are like lots of the idiots here who have nothing better to do but make fools of themselves.

2. Joe says:

Well I’m just a crazy Iraqi war vet with a list of dead friends and a scientific approach to my beliefs. Let me help you all understand some of my crazy beliefs.

First of all, not every American military action is in defense of American freedom. More often than not, military actions are peacekeeping or policing actions. So while you should honor the selfless sacrifice made by the brave souls that are willing to put their lives on the line, you need not respect the orders given to them by a person they may or may not have voted for. I do support my troops but I don’t support some of our generals. So let us separate the men and the mission. If anything, you should admire the strength of those who continue on with a mission they think is wrong just because they want to keep their word. Don’t believe me? Check this out:

Secondly, as a recovering Christian, I know the bible. I know the beliefs and I know how irrational they are. One would do well to purge himself of such handicap. In a spirit of hypocrisy, I will say that there is far too much going on in this world to waste your time posting responses to an obviously misguided lunatic with a wit far slower than his words.

Joe

3. Joe says:

Oh, by the way, Iraq doesn’t have any large bodies of water. What does that mean? NO NAVY! So unless you are a Sea-Bee, a Seal, a Corpman, or a Chaplin, you haven’t seen what Iraq is. Give me a call when you spend endless months walking IED infested streets with your fellow Infantrymen waiting to get blown up or shot.

Respectfully,
    Joe

RIP Smith

4. Christopher "Flame Mail Me If You Hate Me, I Don't Care" Edwards says:

If Jesus Christ died for my soul, then how come everything I do brings threats of Hell from Christians?
    Hell, (no pun intended) if God hates everything I do so much, I don’t want to go to his Heaven anyways.
    His ‘son’ died for our sins, but if we sin, we are still in trouble.
    What if God impregnated Mary so that when everyone found out about it, they would try to kill her, so God would have no worries. Then Jesus was born, and he didn’t die for our sins, but because God wanted us to think that; he was really trying to get an illicit son off of his hands.

5. Biscuit says:

“A true patriot loves his country all the time and his government when they deserve it.” – Mark Twain

To Joe and the SSgt – Thank you for both your service and your words.

6. puffaliaz says:

while we’re on this topic; i’m canadian. our taxes go to supporting OUR troops to help YOUR troops because there are people like the poster who agree with the war; which could’ve been georges fault in the first place! if you want george to kill of all of your troops, and ours, you’re support is really helping.

7. arrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh says:

so far no GI has died for my freedom
    and i’m sure that there is no evidence that some guy named jesus from the town of nazareth existed
    much less that he died for my soul and then came back to life

“and Vin Diesel so loved the world that he gave it his only son: Superman”

8. Mike Williamson says:

“And those of you who believe the spaghetti monster is real know it is fake, but you also know that God is real.”

Hmmm…I didn’t know that I knew that God is real, but now that I’ve been told, I guess I do.

Oh, wait. Nope. Still not real.

I just celebrated 21 years in the US military, the same day my wife celebrated 2 (yes, she started late). I don’t see any doctrine of the FSM that opposes us, or our service. Nor do I respect the attempt to persuade me by stereotype that as an American I must believe in God (Which I don’t) and support the war (Which I do) and hate science (Which I don’t).

The ultimate irony is that, if there is truly no God, Christians won’t have a chance to feel stupid about it when they die and nothing happens.