Think about this, asshole….

Published August 19th, 2006 by Bobby Henderson

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you:

Jesus Christ and the American G.I.

One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

79 Responses to “Think about this, asshole….”

1. Suul Matuul says:

Ah, this is so that they look as if they “care” so that they score bonus points for the afterlife, or at least thats what they claim. Really it just shows that they really dont care about others at all that they cant just leave them be.

2. SSgt Matthew Snieder, USMC says:

You people need to seriously take a step back and do some thinking about the whole premise of this site and it’s ideology.

I am a SSgt in the USMC and it is people’s right to say what they want. I am currently waiting to be deployed for my second tour in Iraq and I find this site refreshing. I know that deep down the people creating this site do not hate me, they simply do not agree the mission I am ordered to undertake. I respect their opinions, despite not standing on the same side of the sand line. It is your right, as Americans, to have opinions and to speak them. Let’s stop being ignorant and distastful and, frankly, childish about the whole “support” / “not support” our troops business. This site is about disagreeing with the topic of religion being taught in schools.

I happen to agree with what these people say on this topic. Intelligent Design is Creationism, regardless of what you call it. If it can be regarded as a science then so should the theory of the FSM. The point being made is this, FSM is as much bullshit as Intelligent Design. But, when religion is pressed into the heads of people from childhood it is very hard to avoid being brainwashed. If you look back in history– recent history–people have done some absolutly atrocious acts simply because it was the social norm… Example: Nazi’s and the Holocaust. Obviously the senseless murder of millions was wrong on every level but when the extremists gain power terrible things can happen.

Allowing one religious idea to be taught, regardless of whatever name you give it, is just the beginning. Intelligent Design is Creationism and it has no place in Public Schools. But, if the ultra idiotic right has its way? Soon that little thing called the constitution will be of little meaning, it might as well be toilet paper.

3. AF Pastafarian says:

I just have to say this…

Here is one pastafarian FSM worshipper that is fighting for your right to teach false doctrine in schools and shove it down my kids’ throats. What makes you think you’re so special that the troops are dying just for YOUR OWN personal freedom??

4. Steve Bowen says:

Hey, Ty. Here’s what Thomas Jefferson had to say about preambles.

“Where the preamble declares, that coercion is a departure from the plan of the holy author of our religion, an amendment was proposed by inserting “Jesus Christ,” so that it would read “A departure from the plan of Jesus Christ, the holy author of our religion;” the insertion was rejected by the great majority, in proof that they meant to comprehend, within the mantle of its protection, the Jew and the Gentile, the Christian and Mohammedan, the Hindoo and Infidel of every denomination.”

-Thomas Jefferson, Autobiography, in reference to the Virginia Act for Religious Freedom

Reference to your god was specifically eliminated from preambles. I suggest you be more aware in the future.

5. EJ says:

Heh. I love these things.

Hey, “Ty”, I support the troops by NOT supporting the war – I’d like them to come home now, and in one piece.

I very much doubt you hold ANY job, let alone one in the service. If our troops spent as much time online as you do, we’d be doing a lot worse militarily than we already are.

I maintain that if you support the war, you don’t support the troops – you’re trying to get them killed.

6. choronzon says:

sorry, Patriot, his mom likes sodomy but not zoophilia

only kidding…

7. Darn Chistians says:

I AM SICK OF ALL THE EXPLETIVES AND HATE HERE!!! WHY CAN’T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG!! ALL OF YOU “CHRISTIANS” DON’T EVEN FOLLOW CHRIST’S TEACHINGS!!! LOOK THEM UP IN THE BIBLE!!! YOU GUYS ARE THE REASON I AM AN ATHEIST!!!! AND THE SOLDIERS IN IRAQ ARE NOT DYING FOR MY FREEDOM! THEY ARE DYING IN IRAQ TO MAKE THE PRESIDENT AND OIL COMAPANIES RICHER!!! SO SHUT THE HELL UP YOU HATE MAILERS!!!

8. puffaliaz says:

“Its pretty clear that Tyler is, I would estimate, a 14 year old who stumbled across the site.” –wulf

so? I’m only a few years older than that, and I believe in His Noodlyness