Think about this, asshole….

Published August 19th, 2006 by Bobby Henderson

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you:

Jesus Christ and the American G.I.

One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

79 Responses to “Think about this, asshole….”

1. Sam says:

“No, dumbass, Tyler is in the U.S. Navy, and one of his jobs is protecting your freedom of speech. Even if that speech involves the ignorance of worshipping a pile of pasta, and trying to make a mockery of the almighty God. Grow up!”

Is it just me, or have the crusades in the holy land moved to america? If we point out how all religeons are flawed and that a flying spaghetti monster would make more sense, that means we need to grow up? I wouldn’t be suprised if this guy supports the Project for a New American Century( witch is just another right wing attempt to prove that america is the be-all and end-all of civilizations)

(btw i’m Canadian, and i think american soldiers are either the good kind who don’t like war/protest the war but fight because they have too or the bad kind, witch are just chritian fundies and sadists)

2. WPoFD says:

As a former soldier (disabled vet), I feel compelled to acknowledge a flaw in the original argument. Among the freedoms soldiers have died to both protect and advance, is the freedom of religion. As unpopular as it may be, this vital freedom includes the fundamental right to believe whatever you choose, including non-belief.

Furthermore, what is especially troubling to me is that, more often than not, those people who invoke “soldiers died for you right to…” and thusly appropriate my years of service as a rallying point for their personal beliefs, have themselves never served in the military.

3. Just Nick says:

WPoFD is a hero in more ways that one.
    Great points.

4. Pinchbeck says:

Methinks the 101st Flying Keyboarders are looking for a little target practice. Chickenhawks are always crap shots, though…

5. Lisa's Mom says:

Funny: Orrin Hatch and Diane Feinstein say that GI’s die for the Flag. That’s why they’re tryng to take our constitutional freedoms away: to protect the piece of cloth the GIs are dying for.

Wish you nutjobs would get your BS straight.

6. humanity says:

Jesus didn’t stay dead. Many soldiers have fought and/or died for their county. I, for one, respect the soldiers who do fight for the freedoms on individuals, such as those who worship the FSM, God, or no supreme being at all; how can you be sure your right anyway?

7. OMG He's Jewish! says:

I respect soldiers, and I respect Christ.
    I respect the soldiers as heros.
    I do not respect Christ as a savior, I respect him as a Jew.

What I don’t respect is asshole Christians like you speaking for your entire religion like a modern day ‘Christ pwns Your Soul’ crusade.

Thanks for you wasted time,
    A Jew just like Christ

8. That Guy says:

Yay! Random ‘My religion eats your religion or lack-thereof!’ arguments!

You know, it was Humans who created all forms of religion, great or not-so-much. They’re the ones who chose to see the world as the product of some super-intelligent, mega-powerful being. Flying Spaghetti Monster created the universe?! God created the universe?! Allah did?! (Ok, i’m not sure on the Allah part ’cause I don’t know anything about what his followers believe in.) Anyhow, point being: Despite who you believe in, IT’S THE SAME DAMN THING. GET OVER IT.

I’m rooting for the old Greek Pantheon anyhow. I mean, Many Gods > Single God. =D