For Your Hate Mail

Published August 12th, 2006 by Bobby Henderson

Hey Bobby,

First of all, the idea behind your site is amusing, lighthearted, and it makes its point. I get that. I spent a good couple minutes chuckling about it when I first heard about the FSM and its “Church”. So when I got the link to your site, I was interested enough to go and peruse it, expecting a more elaborate version of the organization ultimately aimed at pointing out how silly the idea of teaching ID in schools is.(That’s what I’ve gotten from it so far – forgive me if I have the wrong idea)

I was a little put-off to see how elaborate it had in fact become – in my humble opinion, the “gospel”‘s kinda pushing it – but I was more concerned at your Hate Mail section. I understand that you didn’t write those letters, and you’re well within your rights, through your disclaimer, to post them for the entertainment of the rest of us.

But I have to protest the mass grouping of all the e-mails you get. Putting those with relatively reasonable voices (for example, Pach) right along with those who basically posted rants of really un-Christian (in the literal sense of the word, not just those who claim the name) hate discredits their intelligent opinion and makes it seem like you don’t listen to anyone who disagrees with you, even if they’re reasonable and level-headed. And in my humble opinion, putting a small heading of “concerned criticism” doesn’t cut it if you’re still putting all the letters together.

Look, I know it’s slightly nitpicky, and I fully expect to find this grouped right in there with all the other “hate” letters, but I hope you might prove to really be listening after all, and in your renovation of the “Hate Mail” page, might consider actually putting a seperate section for “Concerned Criticism” for those who don’t actually hate you, just want their voice to be heard too. I don’t hate you, and I enjoyed your website. I’d be sad to find that this was considered hate mail, too.

All the best, Anna

-note from bobby – for the record, I don’t consider this hate-mail. This falls into the “concerned criticism” category, I think.

24 Responses to “For Your Hate Mail”

1. Rohan says:

Okay perhaps you didn’t SEE Chewie kill anyone. But is there really a contest between a Wookiee Bowcaster and a bat’leth?

2. Stogoe says:

The bowcaster is pretty lame. The bat’leth, not quite as lame. Plus, Chewie was in the Star Wars prequels, whereas Worf was on DS9 (the best Trek, hands down).

In a fight, though, Chewie would tear Worf’s arms off. And maybe the forehead ridges, too.

3. EJ says:

Meh. I’ll keep my money on Worf. The fact that no one else seems to think so just drives up the odds and my eventual payoff.

I mean, c’mon. The only “worthwhile” thing Chewie ever did was lug C3PO around – a feat for which I hate him to this day. Oh, yeah, and he went into Jabba’s palace in handcuffs so that he could later wreak havoc when…. hold on, when did he ever get around to wreaking havoc? Must have missed that part.

4. Ponder-er says:

Chuck Norris would win.

5. Garrick McElroy says:

Hate-mail and Concerned Criticism. The ones with reasonable voices are the latter.

6. steak house restaurant nyc says:

It’s really a great and useful piece of information. I’m glad that you shared this helpful info with us. Please keep us up to date like this. Thanks for sharing…

7. Latex says:

I have already been checking on-line in excess of three time not too long ago, nevertheless My partner and i hardly ever identified any fascinating article like your own house. It truly is wonderful price sufficient for me personally. Individually, in the event almost all website owners plus web owners built great information when you have, the world wide web can be much more practical than previously.

• Keith says:

If you saw my house you wouldn’t think it was fascinating: unless you dream of living next door to the Munsters.