Am I a religious nut

Published October 19th, 2005 by Bobby Henderson

Am I a religious nut for saying the computer had an intelligent designer.

I’m new to the debate, What if the kids in the science class room ask how the computer got there? Do I mention Darwin then, or start digging for fossils of previous computers.. Hope there is no gas line, that had to be created to so I guess I’m ok.

Dang, that shovel had to be designed too. If I got that at Kmart I can tell the kids it must evolved out of the screw driver, over a couple blue-light specials.

How did the blue-light get there Mr Jason? I can here it now. Jason Buehler

17 Responses to “Am I a religious nut”

1. Mad John Kidd says:

Yes, my son, the computer is indeed an intelligent design (especially if you own a Mac). An intelligently designed instrument, a tool. There is no great mystery there. The “designer” was emphatically human.

p.s. Please let me know when you find that fossilized computer, I would be very interested in seeing that—even if I have to wait a couple of million years, or so.

RAmen

2. Wench Nikkiee says:

I’m sure I’ve got the article with the architectual analogy in it somewhere. Photos of two or three very different buildings designed by the same architect were included with the article (may have been in a newspaper or not). I’ll see if I can dig it up when I get a chance. Posting and reading on this site has not been kind to my file system housekeeping chores. My efforts in this area were bad before I discovered the site. Now they are completely non-existent. Relying on instinct and prayer to FSM to find anything on here.
    RAmen

3. Mad John Kidd says:

@ Nikkiee

Oh, the life of a molecular biologist!

No worries, find it when you can.

laters

4. El Peatieablo says:

@Wench Nikkiee and Just Guess
    I’ll bet that argument exists for the simple reason that it doesn’t make sense. Remember, when dealing with ID proponents, you sometimes have to ignore your instincts, especially if your instincts make sense! :)

5. Pluto says:

Yes PC’s and tools do evolve! That’s why I’m not working on a Commodore 64 or a calculator the size of a room.
    With technology, designs are improved and replaced all the time. A badly designed tool wonk work very well so will be replaced by a better one. With tools, this is decided by a consumer who won’t by inferior goods. For a biological organism this is decided by things like lions, which will eat the most vulnerable. That is those least adapted to survive.
    Of cause other thing do this, like weather and meteors hitting the earth est.
    In a way life is designed, but it is designed by itself via interaction with the environment, not by a dude in the sky (who isn’t even there as we have been up there and disproved that myth).

6. James D King of Pirates says:

Well you tell them the history of the computer dipshit, learn how to understand moron.

7. Peculiar1s says:

The part I’d most like to hear about, since “evolution can explain all of the above”, is how ABSOLUTELY NOTHING “evolved” into SOMETHING.

“…everything we behold carries in itself the internal evidence that it did not make itself…” – Thomas Paine

8. ME DUH says:

You tell them that a person invented the computer or w/e happened, just google history of the computer. What an IDiot. In case you’re wondering who invented the person, they weren’t invented. They EVOLVED. (Or the FSM made them.)