Maybe you should spend a

Published September 8th, 2005 by Bobby Henderson

Maybe you should spend a little less time mocking God and get a life. This isn’t science… Sorry if Christians were trying to bring peace and hope into this world. Go ahead and spead the rest of your life resisting/mocking your creater and when you die, you’ll find soul is stuck in eternity, without God. And if that doesn’t mean anything to you it sure means something to Satan. Why don’t you go watch the Passion of the Christ or the Exorcism of Emily Rose. Oh yeah, there’s a movie you would like coming out… The davinci code. Another mock of God… -john Quintiliani

28 Responses to “Maybe you should spend a”

1. Fred says:

@Penne
    Will do, just a little short on time!
    @Mopert
    Thank you, I am of course honoured by your kind comments, and wish you all the best!

2. Capn'EmilyRose'Skittle says:

My name is Emily Rose, and I went and saw that film.
    You have no idea how much ridicule the spiritual side got me at school. x__X;

Anywayy. I’m getting off track.
    The primary objective of MODERN Christianity may well be to bring ‘peace and love’ to this world (which, might I add, is failing miserably, as is any other attempt at ‘peace and love’), but the objective of medieval Christianity was to use shock-tactics to force others to believe something that would keep them toeing the line. Christianity, in my opinion, still tries to hurl itself down our throats and force us into belief, but with more subtle actions. Of course, religion functions primarily on evangelism anyway, so this is to be expected.

My personal beliefs state that a good act is not a good act unless it is performed without fear of a negative consequence i.e. Hell.

And, just as a side note, the Da Vinci Code is a work of fiction – like most people here have already stated.

RAmen, my pirate comrades. RAmen.

3. John Holmstrom says:

Well I may not be a pastafarian quite yet, but I think it’s time I converted. All this time I thought the FSM was making fun of intelligent design. I was absolutely convinced this was science too. But thankfully John Q up there has shown me the light. The FSM is not science and is obviously mocking God, so count me in. RAmen, let the mocking begin.

4. Heathen says:

Yo – John – just a minute there big guy – is not mocking God – is just as believable as any othe religion out there – even more so – we have charts and graphs. Plus if you have to believe in something on faith, then we have strippers and beer volcanoes and every Friday is a holiday. Come on now, lets show a little respect here.

5. Heathen says:

There is no sarcasim here, just total blind faith in pasta!!

6. -the_mole- says:

beautiful work, simply beautiful.

7. Heathen says:

“Christians trying to bring peace and hope into the world.” Oh well then, that would explain Matthew 10:34 when Jesus said “And he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment and buy one. I came not to send peace, but a sword.”

John, if the concept of a father who plots, on behalf of and in the name of God, to put his own son to death (Abraham and Isaac) is presented to children as a beautiful story worthy of society’s admiration, then what types of human behavior can be represented as reprehensible? Apparently only really, really, really bad stuff like trimming the beard, or eating pork, or working on Sunday.

Actually read the Bible sometime, not just listen to some preacher who picks and chooses the good and omits the bad. If you put a bad apple in a barrel of good ones you dont get a barrel of good apples, but a barrel of rotten apples – read the whole thing – good and bad. The murder, incest, rape, genocide, racism, intolerence, and hate that spews out is incredible.

Try to base your world view and dealings with people based upon the golden rule, and not the hate and intolerence taught by religious bigots.

8. Heathen says:

When I said John in the above post, I didnt mean John Holmstrom who I am sure has seen the light and is probably even now enjoying a large bowl of pasta – I was addressing my comments to John Quintiliani, the original author of the post here. Sorry John H – RAmen.