Sorry Bobby, but I think

Published July 27th, 2005 by Bobby Henderson

Sorry Bobby, but I think the evolution that’s being taught in the classrooms today as “science” requires a lot of “faith”. and talk about a stretch – they take one little dinosaur bone & create an entire community of dinosaurs & present them to our children as absolute fact – now that’s unbelievable!

Besides, the REAL reason that evolution works for many people has to do with morality – if you don’t believe in God, you aren’t accountable & you can go on your merry way & do your own thing regardless of what that is…..that kind of gets messed up when you put God in the picture ya know with the Thou Shalt nots & all – people just can’t reconcile their immoral lifestyles with the holiness God requires – bottom line – that’s why it’s essential to get rid of God/Jesus at any cost. You can pretty much believe in other stuff that’s “fluffy, touchy feely” but whatever you do – don’t mention that somebody might be doing someting wrong, immoral or even “sinful”. Then you/ve really done it. I think you get the picture….. and unfortunately, so do many other Christians who have now begun to be persecuted & shunned for their faith. And yes, made fun of as if they only have half a brain in their warped little heads.

I would invite you to “read The BooK” – there are no “secrets” there – just many truths waiting for anyone willing to read them. I would encourage you to start reading the Book of John. Actually, one of the most beloved New Testament writers – Paul – was a former persecutor of Christians until he literally “saw the light”. I don’t know what kind of relationship you have with the Flying Spaghetti Monster but I can promise you that if that’s all there is in your life – there’s something missing – but the good news is that it’s easily found – for those who ernestly seek Him – the only begotten Son of God – Jesus Christ. If you don’t know His story already – please, as I suggested, start looking in the pages of that controversial book – The Bible. Thanks for reading. Pam Deehan.

21 Responses to “Sorry Bobby, but I think”

1. spider says:

“if you don’t believe in God, you aren’t accountable & you can go on your merry way & do your own thing regardless of what that is”
    Pam, I’m sorry but i’ve got to take issue here. Are you really suggesting that if you don’t believe in a deity there is no moral code? surely everyone who posts here is evidence to the opposite. I’m willing to bet most of the postees (is that a term? if not i’m inventing it) haven’t murdered, haven’t stolen, coveted thy neighbours ass (although she has a lovely one) and steadfastly refuse to worship a false idol (thats’s kind of the whole point by the way).
    What is different is that each one decides for themselves. They choose to live life in a moral way, without the whole threat of the cosmic creator peeking in their brain and promising eternal pain and torment for thinking a bad thought. Surely that makes them more moral than those who require a faith structure to guide them? If you need the theological carrot and stick of heaven and hell then you aren’t really moral are you? you’re just looking out for your own future well being. These guys (and wenches aarrrrr) are moral simply because they have decided that this s a better way to exist.
    Finally, if the reason for having belief is to provide a moral code, is essence believing a lie because the world may be better for it. I’m sorry but i’ll take the truth and my chances.

2. The Aussie says:

People have said it before, but i’ll say it again, because it is such a great point…
    WHAT THE HELL MAKES YOUR GOD SO SPECIAL?
    Another way to put it is why should we follow a religion with a history of violence, central texts of dubious origin, contradicting arguments and no heaven of beers and strippers?
    I think ill stay with my faith

3. Stevee says:

Spider wish i’d said that aarrrrrr

4. Susan says:

Even apart from the ridiculous idea that atheists and people who agree with the theory of evolution can’t have moral values (which we most certainly can!) there’s another problem with the original argument: To say that a scientific theory is wrong because it has undesirable consequences is just plain stupid.

For analogy…
    Obviously Newton’s laws of motion can’t possibly be true! F=ma? A typical attempt to make a made-up law look scientific by using technical jargon. Every action has an equal and opposite reaction? Anyone can see that’s not true! And here’s the proof:
    Newtonian physics says that if I drive my car at 75 mph straight towards a solid brick wall, I’ll crash and die.

Do you seriously want to believe in a system of physical laws that makes you die? I don’t! Therefore, it’s clear that the FSM must be the one making these “physical laws” work, and if I try to drive my car at a brick wall, he’ll save me with his Noodly Appendage.

5. Darwins Monkey says:

Spider – I could not have put my thoughts down better than you did, thank you.

6. Dale says:

Well said, Spider!

7. love lines says:

I dropped in alongside of the preparations already made.

8. Matt says:

“if you don’t believe in God, you aren’t accountable & you can go on your merry way & do your own thing regardless of what that is…..that kind of gets messed up when you put God in the picture ya know with the Thou Shalt nots & all – people just can’t reconcile their immoral lifestyles with the holiness God requires – bottom line – that’s why it’s essential to get rid of God/Jesus at any cost. You can pretty much believe in other stuff that’s “fluffy, touchy feely” but whatever you do – don’t mention that somebody might be doing someting wrong, immoral or even “sinful”.”

. . . So whether god actually exists or not is irrelevant? It seems that you are suggesting that because YOU need god in order to keep yourself from misbehaving, everyone else must also. This is a great example of people projecting their own needs on other people. Reads like protective ego to me. Maybe god isn’t the answer. Maybe all you need is a reason to have some self respect. Hmmm. . .